• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davev

Gti6 Powersteering Pump

davev

hi. im currently in the process of doing a gti6 conversion for a mate and i was wondeing if its possible to use the original gti6 powersteering pump to go with a xsara vts rack?

the engine is not in the car at the min. but by the looks of it, i cant seem to see why it wouldnt fit in. as the pulley doesnt stick out any further than the alt one and the pump doesnt protruded any more than the inlet manifold.

as i have never done this before im not sure if its possible to route some pas pipes to the rack, or if theres any more problems ive overlooked. but if so it would also solve the diying of the alt belt and tensioner that i have not even looked at yet :mellow:

any help would be welcome. as i cant seem to find anyone else whos done this. thanks.

p.s. if the topic is in the wrong place, a mod is welcome to move it.

taylorspug

Yes the Gti6 pump will fit fine in its standard location. If the 205 originally has PAS then the standard 205 PAS pipes fit too, the hard pipe from the pump just needs a gentle tweak to get it under the inlet manifold. Also the Xsara rack will fit too, and should be a big improvement over standard.

Its also worth noting that the Gti6 hard pipe setup for the PAS that runs under the engine will also fit fine on the 205, ive done both setups in the past.

davev

ahh thanks.

ill get him to start looking for the parts then. :mellow:

marksorrento205

Pm'd about some parts :mellow:

taylorspug

Ive got a PAS pump if needed. :mellow: