• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugwebgeek

Part Number For Rear Bendix Brake Pad Locking Plate

Pugwebgeek

Hi there

I am trying to find out the part number for the little metal plate which retains the rear brake pads in the caliper on a 1.9 GTi (Bendix setup)

I had a heart-stopping moment the other day when a pad detached, lodged in the rear alloy between the caliper casting and one of the holes in the Speedline alloys and it jammed the wheel.

That caused the car to bottom out with a large thud on the left, the rear left wheel to lock up, a huge amount of burning rubber smoke to come out of the back and a road full of onlookers to stare in amazement :P

When I jacked the car up to take a look and undid the wheel it was obvious the pad had just come out of the housing. The cause was the locking, sliding plate had come out. That must have happened a week earlier because I was driving along and thought I'd driven over a metal object because something hit the underside, which I now figure was that plate. I also spotted a little hairpin type clip on the drive where my rear wheel would be so it may have come out when I was jet washing it :)

Weird and scary but no major damage. Problem is I haven't got the little plate and I can't see it on Servicebox

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Colin

ade 4wd

Peugeot do a kit of parts for the rear calipers. The kit has the sliders, spring clips, bolts etc, enough for both sides. Part number 4427 55.

Pugwebgeek

Cheers, I will give that a shot

Tom Fenton

Halfords also do a kit with the necessary sliding plate in, maybe easier to get hold of quickly than Peugeot. The only thing to look out for is that some of the kits are for the front brake calipers, hence the plate is longer. However it can be easily cut down in length to suit.

However also check the condition of the cast pad carrier that bolts on to the rear caliper. I had a pad get out on me once before, it turned out that the pad had been rattling in the cast carrier and had worn a slight "dent" in it- it was this extra clearance that allowed the pad to get out. So make sure you check the carrier for wear too.

Baz

If you get stuck i have some spares, fling me a PM i'll be happy to pop one in the post. :)

HERMAN

I have just brought one of these kits from my local motor factors £3.50.