• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuRALLYE

Urgent Help Needed Please!

stuRALLYE

hi guys im half way through converting my 8v to 16vs this weekend and im getting rid of the power steering due to pipes everywhere ect. what i need to know is can i use the pas rack and if so do i just need to remove the ram and the pipes running to the rack and blank them off or will i need to use a non pas rack? i have one here i can use but as far as i know the pas rack uses fewer turns lock to lock so i would prefer to keep it if possible!

thanks for any help with this

stu

cybernck

Yes you can, this has been suggested as a good modification (for those disliking PAS) for ages.

stuRALLYE

so just blank off the inlet and outlets for the fluid and its all fine and dandy?

Miles

Normally Yes, Just some MOT tester's can fail it as the system isn't complete.

philfingers

are you running a diff? if so i'dbe inclined to keep the pas. i run my Mi engined car with a saxo electric pump

stuRALLYE

ahh thats ok then it should be fine as i have a friendly mot tester!

no not running a diff yet, but i was hoping to go down that route soon, so ill keep a look out for an electric pump as that seems like an easier solution, cheers