• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Retro Pug

Retro Fitting Power Steering

Retro Pug

I'm looking to pick up a 205 for my mother as a bit of a run around - she does school run etc. for us. Trouble is the lower models, 1.1 etc do not seem to have PS which she really needs.

So how easy would it be to fit or should I be looking for a particular model with it fitted?

Thanks again

John.

welshpug

I doubt a 1.1 205 with its 165 section 13's would need PAS!

main issue you'd get is finding the pump and brackets to fit the block, only the 306 used a mechanical pump, and I'm unsure if they'll fit in the engine bay of a 205.

Saxo/106 PAS pump would be another option, couple of pipes made up at a local agricultural suppliers job done:)

rack itself would be the easy bit, just a 205 pas unit.

Tom Fenton

Sounds a lot of hard work for me, I'd just look out for a small cheap car with power steering already fitted. If it is for your mother to drive your kids about in, I'd personally rather see them riding about in such as a VW Polo with side impact bars, seat belt pre tensioners and airbags, and if you look at the right one PAS already fitted, than a tin can 205 that then needs PAS fitting.

Retro Pug

Good call lads, I was just thinking I've got quite a few spares hanging about so ....

But your right picking up smething a bit tougher makes a lot of sense!!

Cheers

John.