• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aCe

Rear Drum Brakes

aCe

This weekend i fitted my new ZX arms and 23mm TB, i fitted the drums that were on the arms (1.9D ZX). Any way now i have bled the brakes MANY :wacko: of times and its VERY spongy!

I checked the wheel cylinders against the GTI one and the ZX are quite a bit bigger. I'm thinking its that so i can either refit the old 1.6 drum set up with new drums ( as the old one were fooked) or change the Master cyclinder.

Problem is that the car is at the breakers and im not sure if a zx master cylinder has 3 or 4 outlet? Any way i don't want to be spending money as i have wilwoods to go on the front!

So enough with the crap i just want to fit dics now so what ones will fit - 306?

pug_ham

You could simply swap the rear brakes back (backplate & all) for the original ones from your car or if you decide to fit rear discs then any from a 205 / 309 / 306 / ZX will fit afaik.

The ZX master cylinder isn't any bigger (20.9mm) & two outlet iirc.

Graham.

Baz

Just swap the drums over from the original 1.6 beam as Graham says. This is the simplest way to do it, and as i did on my blue 1.6.

Discs are crap. ;)