• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
philfingers

Pts Rose Joints For The Wishbones

philfingers

Is there anywhere cheaper for these? RBJ79MG

Autosport bearings quoted me £110.63 each, there may well be VAT on top of that too (quote doesn't state)

I know they're expensive but damn it this is taking the p**s

Rippthrough
Is there anywhere cheaper for these? RBJ79MG

Autosport bearings quoted me £110.63 each, there may well be VAT on top of that too (quote doesn't state)

I know they're expensive but damn it this is taking the p**s

What's the thread size/pitch and the bore of the hole on the joints?

philfingers

M20 thread, not sure on the pitch but it's quite fine. 16mm hole.

These are West Mids MotorSport arms. I have called them but no one answers, nothing new then!

Rippthrough
M20 thread, not sure on the pitch but it's quite fine. 16mm hole.

These are West Mids MotorSport arms. I have called them but no one answers, nothing new then!

If you can get me the pitch I'll get you a quote on some Aurora ones, I use 'em in the Foxes so get a fair discount now :wacko:

Craigb
If you can get me the pitch I'll get you a quote on some Aurora ones, I use 'em in the Foxes so get a fair discount now :(

Pitch is 1.5

Rippthrough

Ok, I'll give them a ring at the weekend 'cause I'm ordering some damper bits then anyway.

Craigb

They were £65 back in 2002. Not particularly cheap!

When I last looked Aurora were the same bore as the thread, I think some sleeves would be needed to take the 20mm bore down to 16mm of the PTS pin.

Edited by Craigb

Craigb

Phil , Have you tried Andy Baker .

Then again , getting Andy to answer the phone is also difficult , because he is usually on it .

Rippthrough

I can get some made up if need be.

What are the pin dimensions, because if need be I can make some sleeves for a standard M20 joint if you want to keep the costs down.

Edited by Rippthrough

philfingers

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to go with the proper ones. TBH I have a brand new set of bottom arms in my spares pack but didn't want to break into the kit to use one bearing. May well do, save me buying one at the moment. The one bearing presently has some play in it. £110 quid tho, jeez, expensive or what compared to £65 in 2002.

They also quoted me 9.50 for a top mount bearing which I can get from www.simplybearings.co.uk for 5.50, so maybe they have the same % on the bottom arm one too !!!

Rippthrough

:D

I'll get a price on having some Chro-moly ones made up anyway, seems a few people are after 'em these days.

Edited by Rippthrough

welshpug

16mm pin with a slot in it phill, then whatever is required to secure it to the rose joint :D

Rippthrough
16mm pin with a slot in it phill, then whatever is required to secure it to the rose joint :)

If the original pins have a 20mm or smaller outer radius though, they'd pull the insert straight out the bore on a standard M20 joint, unless you make the pins too, but then it's easier just to either source to proper joints or ahve some custom made :D

Craigb

Rippthrough , You have a PM

philfingers

just wondering if a RJ with a 20mm hole would have too larger body and be too close to the disc.

Yep pins are 16mm, I'll get some pics tonight so it all makes sense,

Phil

philfingers

This is them

IMG_9482.jpg

205wrc

Did you manage to get hold of Jeff ??

Rippthrough

They're nothing particularly special then, just moly coated 2-piece jobbies?

See what I mean about the top hat spacers Mei - they'd pull the insert out of an 20mm bore I think.

Edited by Rippthrough

philfingers

No didn't call him yet

Only option would be to machine some new top hat spacers to fit in the 20mm bore I guess

Edited by philfingers

Craigb

The top hats need an extra step in them , I was thinking making the extra step , 20 OD with a 2mm wall , and making teh length of the step half the width of the RJ less .25mm

Edited by Craigb

u47sb2

Try A & P bearings near Perth - recently got a pair for the rally car at just over £50 each. I think they can arrange delivery/posting nationwide. Tel: 01738 553479

Rippthrough

Ok lads, I have had a word with Aurora about it, but as they are a special size I'd need to order 150pieces to get them for a decent price :)

I'm working with the guys that make my forged aluminium ones on a price too though, who normally run a 50pc minimum order, so we'll see what they come back with :(

Rippthrough

How does £45 each sound for a custom made direct replacement? :P

Could do with an idea of how many people are after some though, as there's that minimum order of 50pc's still...

Edited by Rippthrough

philfingers

Rippthrough

Sorry I'm a little lost as to where you got with this. What sort of bearing is the £45 one, M20 thread and M20 bore with a spacer or M20 & M16 bore? What kind of grade is it, does it have grease nipple?

Cheers,

Phil