• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timb1046

Converting A Pas Rack?

timb1046

i have a PAS rack in my 1.9 however when i converted it and put the MI in i damaged some of the pipes and so just cut them off in the end. so can i just cut the pipes right down and then use it as a non PAS rack? do i need to blank anywhere off?

Regards

Tim

madspikes

I'm using my PAS rack as non PAS, and its been through a couple of MOTs like it.

All I did was remove all the pipes and ram, then blocked up where holes where pipes went into the rack.

Mad.

timb1046

cheers for that. i'll give it a go tonight. did you do it with rack in situ or take it off?

Cheers

Tim

Baz

It's a bit fiddly whilst on the car, but it can be done.

timb1046

great, that what i want to hear, not the fidly bit as i seem to have big clumsy bear hands. but the in-situ bit

Cameron

Its not too hard to remove it though, will probably be a lot easier than trying to do it in situ. Especially as the ram is at the back!

timb1046

i didnt get time to look at it last night, i'll have a look tonight maybe if i can make some time. cheers for your help, i'll keep you informed on progress.