• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Bad News Regarding Peugeot Rear Beam Bearings

philfingers

Henry- it's just a lottery as to what you get from them, GSF that is

taylorspug

Ok well it sounds at least as though the GSF ones have the correct needle rollers. I will get on the phone. Thanks chaps. :blush:

philfingers
Ok well it sounds at least as though the GSF ones have the correct needle rollers. I will get on the phone. Thanks chaps. :blush:

all my outers were ok, 3/10 of the inners were the 'poorer' design

taylorspug

The inners have been the poorer design from Peugeot for at least a year or two now. In all honesty ive used them in more than a few beams with no problems, as they take so much less load than the outers. So i think they are 'standard issue' now. Its only now they have changed the outers to a similarly bad design that its a problem. No doubt they have seen very little comeback from changing the inners, so thought they would save a few quid on the outers too.

For what its worth ive told my dealer I wont be buying the bearings from them anymore, as i dont see them fit for purpose.

taylorspug
I can confirm this Sasic business. Just got a pair of inner and outer from GSF.

The larger bearing is Nadella with stamped part number DB 47260EE GSF part number N42352

The smaller bearing is Torington stamped part number DB 47937EE GSF part number N42354

4 bearings cost me £23.46 all supplied in Sasic bags.

Numbers on the Sasic bags: Large - 1325495 Small - 1315455

Hope you all have some luck with GSF.

Cheers.

Henry.

Worth noting that these two part numbers are the wrong way round. The larger bearing is the external one, which is N42354, and the smaller one is internal, p/n N42352. Luckily i checked online before i ordered! Thanks for the info anyway Henry. :)

jimistdt

Heads up, I have managed to source the original Peugeot bearing kit.

I will have a price by tomorrow, I don't know what Pug RRP is these days, but it will be considerably less than that.

Edited by jimistdt

pug_ham
Heads up, I have managed to source the original Peugeot bearing kit.

I will have a price by tomorrow, I don't know what Pug RRP is these days, but it will be considerably less than that.

If its the same kit that Mei mentioned a few posts back;

Sorry, forgot that bit :)5132 62 £16.67.

They were in the newer Black and white cardboard boxes, only fitted one set and it was before this was mentioned so I didn't take any notice of the number of rollers in each bearing.

The ones you've found Jimi are the older style boxes but thats no bad thing if the content have the correct bearings.:D

Graham.

dino20vt
Have they got the full compliment of needle rollers then?

Outer Torrington has 45, the inner Nadella has 35.

ned

Hello,

I ordered a rear beam bearing kit from my local motor factors yesterday. He supplies SNR bearings and says they're very good quality. Anyway I collected them this morning and they are the 'good' ones with 45 needle outers and 35 needle inners. The bearings have torrington and DB47260EE written on them. Here are pictures of the kit for one side. It costed 30euro.

IMG_5111Small.jpg

IMG_5112Small.jpg

IMG_5114Small.jpg

IMG_5116Small.jpg

IMG_5113Small.jpg

welshpug

£30 for just one side? not too bad a price considering it comes with the cup and seal carrier.

Henry 1.9GTi

I will double check, but I just typed out what was on the bearings pretty darn sure I did not mix up sizes and part numbers.

dale205mills

I no this mite sound abit of topic, but what is the life span off the peugeot bearings with no caps between the bearings??????

pug_ham
I no this mite sound abit of topic, but what is the life span off the peugeot bearings with no caps between the bearings??????

Its not that the bearings wear out but the seal lets water in which kills them.

I refurbed the beam on my 306 earlier this year (2000 model) & the seals were starting to let water in which had turned the grease / oil in the bearings from new black & watery so I caught it just in time but for a time limit on the seals I'd say replacing them every five years & greasing the outer bearing should give it a good life.

Graham.

dale205mills

Thanks for that pugtorgue. :)

taylorspug
I will double check, but I just typed out what was on the bearings pretty darn sure I did not mix up sizes and part numbers.

I only mentioned it as the part numbers were the other way around when i typed them into GSFs website the other day. End of the day its no big deal if you are ordering a full set anyway. ;)