• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sergio205

1.6 Vs 1.9 Brake Discs And Hubs Difference?

Sergio205

One more question: I chased Peugeot parts catalogs and this forum and I got that 1.6 Phase one Pugs have different offset of brake discs and different number of the hubs in comparison with 1.9 models. What I didn't understand what parts in construction causes this difference.

Is it because of the thicker hubs on 1.6 versions. The difference in brake discs hats in 10 mm, 1.6 hat is deeper but as far as I know the wheels offset is common for all Peugeots (correct me if I am wrong here). It means to me that hub + brake disc offset is the same for 1.6 and 1.9 models in result. Where is the trick I am missing?

Thanks,

Sergey

Tom Fenton

The 1.6 and 1.9 wheels are different offset.

Sergio205
The 1.6 and 1.9 wheels are different offset.

Ok - it makes sense to me. What is the key detail there which makes the differnce in the offsets? Is it a hub? Is 1.6 hub thicker?

pug_ham

The drive flange on the 1.6GTi hub has a greater offset machined in that the other drive flange (aka hub, where the driveshaft fits through) used on either the base model (which shares the main casting with the 1.6 GTi hub) or the 1.9 GTI complete hub assembly.

The wheels have a different offset to compensate for the difference in hub parts & also to enable the 1.6 GTI vented discs etc to fit undr a 14" wheel imo.

Hub & brake disc offset is different between the base model / 1.9 GTI & 1.6 GTI, the 1.6 alloys wil fit across the range but can catch the caliper on the 1.9 GTI set up depending on the make of the 1.6 alloy.

Graham.

Sergio205
The drive flange on the 1.6GTi hub has a greater offset machined in that the other drive flange (aka hub, where the driveshaft fits through) used on either the base model (which shares the main casting with the 1.6 GTi hub) or the 1.9 GTI complete hub assembly.

The wheels have a different offset to compensate for the difference in hub parts & also to enable the 1.6 GTI vented discs etc to fit undr a 14" wheel imo.

Hub & brake disc offset is different between the base model / 1.9 GTI & 1.6 GTI, the 1.6 alloys wil fit across the range but can catch the caliper on the 1.9 GTI set up depending on the make of the 1.6 alloy.

Graham.

Thanks! It is all clear now to me.