• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davev

Rubbing Arch

davev

alright. does anyone know what might cause the rear wheel to rub against the front of the arch? ie. the 1/4 panel edge.

its that my mate has had this. though his car is very low at the rear and he said at the time someone was in the back.

could anyone confirm that this would cause it, as it seems backwards. if he mentioned the rear of the arch i would not have thought about it for a second longer. :lol:

thanks.

welshpug

likely that it is way too low, possibly a missing bumpstop and chunky tyre profile

rubyna
likely that it is way too low, possibly a missing bumpstop and chunky tyre profile

My thoughts exactly, had the same problem myself after loseing the drivers side bump stop, and running 195/50/15s.

Luke...

davev

it is silly low. so i guess thats causing it.

with 2 people sitting in the boot edge the rim edge is almost under the arch. :ph34r:

Cameron

Yeah that could be the problem. :lol:

The wheel moves upwards in an arc, so the more it goes up, the more it goes forwards. You could trim the excess lip out if you're handy with a grinder, but its a tricky job and an invitation for rust!

davev

i might pestering him to rise it a little. ;) but he'll proberly just stop anyone from being in the back so it dont rub again.