• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Help Needed, Refitting Rear Brake Pipes/brackets

pugpete1108

i have just been trying to figure out how the hell my rear brake setup goes back together?

i have a load of brackets which i cant remember where they go but it may help if i could remember where the flexi and solid pipes go?

if someone has a picture or can point out what the setup goes like i would be most gratefull.

i have a flexi with two female ends which i guess goes on the pass side? but where? i guess it must be solid then flexi then solid to the rear of the drum?

and i have a male/female flexi which i think goes from the rear of the drum to a solid line?

these are the brackets i have to hand:

IMG_0004-1.jpg

i might not help that i have been up since yesterday afternoon :ph34r:

i knew i should have taken pictures

pugpete1108

i think i may have had a moment of clarity, that and studying some random photos from on here :ph34r:

right i have the main solid going into a t piece the passenger flexi goes into that and a solid one that goes over to the drivers side onto a flexi then both flexis go into the brackets that mount on the bottom of the shocks which then leads on to solids which go to the rear of both drums??

i sooooo need some sleep.

i didnt help that i have brackets from two beams there trying to confuse me

welshpug

sounds right !

the other two are for the solid line and handbrake calbe, secured by the M8 bolt in the end of the ARB lever plate.

pugpete1108
sounds right !

the other two are for the solid line and handbrake calbe, secured by the M8 bolt in the end of the ARB lever plate.

yeah i kind of figured that out its just that the actual cable holder bits have come off the ones in the picture, in fact i only actually need three brackets from that picture :ph34r:

just hope my brake pipe flaring tool turns up by friday as i wanted to get it all back on and brakes bled, ready for its maiden voyage.....out of the garage