• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dj_mini

Rear Wheel Bearing / Disks

Dj_mini

Iv found that iv got a wheel bearing gone on the rear (1.9 disk beam) i phoned up my local supplyer who said id need a whole hub as you cant replace just the bearing, surely i can press the bearing out the same as a front? I realy dont want to buy a hub as there a bit pricey!

Can anyone advise?

Miles

Most supply the complete hub, I think my local factors supply the bearing in Ringwood (New forest Motor Factors)

cRaig

Mm, Ive just been sold two new hubs for the back of my 1.9 today. Couldnt get the bearings seperately, and I was in too much of hurry to argue and find someone else lol.

Wasnt cheap :s

Tom Fenton

The inner race is usually machined into the hub casting, meaning you cannot buy a bearing to swap over, you have to buy the lot.

Dj_mini

I got around to changing this at the weekend and it was indeed the case that i needed a whole hub as the bearing is machined out of the hub.

But i managed to get one from gsf at a fair price so not all bad.

Miles

Must say this but GSF bearing's can be poor, Today I had 2 turn up, one had a rusty washer in it from God knows where and a pattern bearing which sounded dry as soon as I fitted it, But the other box was QH and was a OE SKF bearing.