• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pablo

What Suspension?

pablo

Have avos on at the minute but them too crashy for road use. So Id like to upgrade. Id like to do a couple of trackdays too.

There are a few kits on ebay that look in budget:

1. second hand Gaz coilovers

2. bilstein black kit

3. GMAX/PI whatever kit

4. cheap ass coilovers.

Im ruling out 4. 3 seems iffy and 2 I think Ive read those kits are no good.

Any advice folks?

Edited by PPP_Racing

welshpug

2 but with o.e rear dampers, or zx spec dampers not 205/306 items.

or just get the AVO's rebuilt and use a different spring.

Goliath

I have a set of the Black billies for sale, the rears aren't rated but I can let you have some GTI6 rear dampers aswell as the billie ones. Let me know if you are interested.

I wouldn't go with Gmax suspension, I think you will find it worse then the AVO's you have now.

If you are going to go coilovers it's worth spending more for some decent ones, you won't get some decent ones for that budget tbh (unless you find a cracking deal :lol: )

pablo

what do you need for the kit mate? And does it include springs mounts etc?

pablo
http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=109291

I will include the gti6 rear damper and top mounts for you too :lol:

£125 all in then? Sounds good. Which springs do you have? 20mm ones would be perfect :(

EDIT do you have any spare lower damper mounting bolts for the rears too?

Edited by PPP_Racing

projectpug

The Gaz fixed pan kits can be picked up for that sort of money . I rate them when used with a suitable spring.

Batfink

The bilstein black coloured suspension is only an OE replacement.

Personally I would go for their B6 fronts, 306 B6 rears and a set of eibach springs for road use...

Dunno if thats in budget but the ride would be far better

Retro Pug

My vote would be for the GAZ coilovers. I bought them in the group buy a while back and love them!

pablo
The bilstein black coloured suspension is only an OE replacement.

Personally I would go for their B6 fronts, 306 B6 rears and a set of eibach springs for road use...

Dunno if thats in budget but the ride would be far better

they are quoted (well ebay quoted) as being 25% stiffer or thereabouts. Is this not the case?

welshpug

definitely not in the case of the BNE-1931 rear dampers listed for the 205 309 and 306!

rubyna
My vote would be for the GAZ coilovers. I bought them in the group buy a while back and love them!

Id second that as i use my car for the same sort of use as you and use the same Gaz setup, find them rather good

and are adequate for the odd trackdays although i have a higher spring poundage due to the gti6 engine...

Luke..

Batfink
they are quoted (well ebay quoted) as being 25% stiffer or thereabouts. Is this not the case?

definitely not the case. The uprated dampers are all coloured yellow. Black ones are the OE spec ones..

Got a link??

Batfink

going on what I can access on the web - thats not a gti part number for the front struts. Will have a look at the catalogue at work in about an hour...

Batfink

right. Those from dampers are for the 306. They are B4 dampers so are gas filled rather than plain oil

Another note is Bilstein changed the rear damper on the 205 on the later models to BNE-6813 which is the same as found on the 306 convertible - maybe a different damping rate...

Miles might have looked at that?

I havent as i dont tend to sell much OE items...

Miles

As said the BNE 1931's are about a 25% downgrade to the std damper, To the extent a 20 year old Pug damper is better by far, If you have a search there has been a few topics about these, It's just like ebay selling the resistor mods saying it will give you 15 bhp on a 205.

I;ve used the 1932's which are fine but the overall length is shorter so the car must be lowered, Never tried the 6813's as it's something I rarely sell as there's no Margin in them at all.