• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

New Front Dampers

cRaig

Hey there,

Currently in the process of sorting out all the rear suspension for the rebuild of my 205, got brakes sorted :)

Have bought some new K6 dampers for the back, and new oe mounting bushes etc, but once I got as far as seeing the price of new dampers from peugeot I was rather shocked! 200quid a piece?! Rather painful..

So was wondering what people would suggest instead? How do 306GTi6 dampers compare, as they are less than half the price, or is it worth going aftermarket? I have recently negotiated about 15% discount from my pug dealer, so I dont mind too much buying from there, within reason!

The car will have a Mi16 engine, and will be a weekend car only, but I would still like high levels of comfort!

Thanks again :)

Craig

Miles

Christ, They have gone up allot then as they used to be fairly cheap, Not a fan of the 306 ones as it moves the droplink in the wrong position so the old B4 Bilsteins are fine, Pretty much the same spec as std Pug front's