• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Electric Window Problem

Pob

Hi all,

The passenger side window has always been a little slow but recently it's been playing up. Now it won't go up, only down. When you press down it doesn't stop straight away, it slowly stops.

Could this be a wiring problem or is the motor nackard? Also the central locking motor has stopped working on the passenger side aswell which made me think it's electrical

Thanks,

Dan

rapidcossie

probably a dodgy window seal causing it to go slow.

the central locking motors always go, its prob just a coincidence

davev

its also worth checking your switches.

i say this as my passenger one is doing similar, but it works fine off the drivers switch.

i also had to clean the drivers switch when i first got it and their fairly simple switches that had quite alot of corrosion in.

omri617

Hi all,

The passenger side window has always been a little slow but recently it's been playing up. Now it won't go up, only down. When you press down it doesn't stop straight away, it slowly stops.

Could this be a wiring problem or is the motor nackard? Also the central locking motor has stopped working on the passenger side aswell which made me think it's electrical

Thanks,

Dan

Sorry for brining this up , though i prefer this than opening a new thread :

In my GTI , the window of the the passenger is going up very slow only when i try to operate it from the drivers side

when i press on it's side it goes up really good.

when i lock the car with the central lock it goes to the middle and stops

tried to change switch and didn't work

any ideas? thanks