• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

Front Track 1.6 Vs 1.9

DamirGTI

Right , im on my second fubared RH driveshaft now :angry: dunno if it has something to do with higher engine torque or something else .. anyway i really do not have any money to buy new or reconditioned driveshaft (im potless as much as it can be possible :ph34r:) other than that i might try to find another second hand driveshaft .. which will be 3-rd one and if that one starts knocking after a month or so i'll shoot myself straight away with the rusty shotgun .. -_-

Anyways i have my other 1.9 Ph2 car which i don't use now as i've bought it for a project , so was wondering is there noticeable difference in handling between the 1.6 and 1.9 car ?! i.e. with 1.6 wider and 1.9 narrower front track (i've never properly drove 1.9 car ...)

...was thinking to swap the hubs/driveshafts from this the 1.9 Ph2 car on my 1.6 Ph1 .. :rolleyes:

Which one do you prefer wider 1.6 track or narrower 1.9 ?

Thanks ! :)

Damir

Goliath

What wheels are you running on your 1.6 track at the moment?

1.9 track makes up for being narrower by having the wider 1.9 wheels, so the 1.6 track is only wider if you are using 1.9 on it aswell I beleive.

DamirGTI
What wheels are you running on your 1.6 track at the moment?

OE 1.9 speedline's :rolleyes:

Damir

DRTDVL

There is no differance in the track of the 1.6 and 1.9 gti's. The hubs have the different offsets on the ball joint locations and distance between the inside edge of the brake mounting face and exterior face of wheel bearing.

If that makes sence

also we have used a hybrid driveshaft in my 205 as it was 1.6 and I swapped to 306 hubs. We used the s16 gearbox input shafts, 405 cvs and the restof the shafts are from a 205 1.9. The 306 s16 shaft is thicker than the 1.9 gti shafts.

Edited by DRTDVL