• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pablo

R888s On Std 1.9 Wheels?

pablo

Bought a set of R888s on 306 speedline corse alloys (ET15 cant recall width 7.5 I think). Tyres are 195/50/15.

My GTI wheels are also 195/50/15 (ordinary tyres).

Problem is the 306 wheels are rubbing on the rear. I was considering putting the R888s onto the std gti wheels and selling the speedlines. But does anyone know they definately wont rub? Ill also be raising the rear a bit (as its chavvy low :o). But if its rubbing on the road it will definately rub on track even raised maybe.

thanks all.

Atari Boy

I have 888's on my 1.9 Speedlines and I have no problems, I have lowerd the car by about 30mm and am running Koni yellow dampers however.

Saying that Andy Johnson has had problems, but I don't know his setup.

pablo

you running 195/50/15 tyres?

good to know, Ive got Avo suspension which is fairly stiff so its definately not down to soft suspension lol.

Ive got std 1.9 front wishbones and beam btw so no extended track front or rear.

Baz

It's probably more-so your wheels if they're 7.5" wide, they'll be pulling the sidewalls of the tyres wider so you'll get rubbing, i'd put the tyres on the 1.9 wheels in which case, plenty of people run 1.9 wheels with all ranges of tyres with no issues.

pablo
It's probably more-so your wheels if they're 7.5" wide, they'll be pulling the sidewalls of the tyres wider so you'll get rubbing, i'd put the tyres on the 1.9 wheels in which case, plenty of people run 1.9 wheels with all ranges of tyres with no issues.

good enough, Id need a new set of wheel bolts too as they are tapered. So to ebay they go! And Ill get another set of 1.9s.

Thanks lads.