• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gazza 67

205/6 Which Springs?

Gazza 67

My 205/6 came lowered front and rear with standard shocks but the ride is too crashy with the lowering springs that have been fitted (don't ask what make or how low as I have no idea - they are red :o ). I know that the springs don't cope with the extra weight of the engine and to be honest can't justify the cost of new coilovers as the car is only used for road use. The other issue that being this low, lowered and the extra weight, causes even subframe/sump small speed bump issues!!

I have quite a collection of front shocks and springs, but can't seem to find the right feel and balance. Got spax ones, 306 ones, standard with unknown lowering springs!! Searched the forum and there is alot of differing opinions & I appreciate that everyone has different tastes and driving styles but I need a sound base to start from?

I have been on the faulkners web site but there are four different sizes of springs, can someone advise as to the size of spring, length and poundage that I should be looking at. At this stage and my frustration levels any help would be appreciated. :o

I am considering returning to the standard ride height if I can't find a suitable base and the rear beam would need to be reset to standard height, any recommendations as to who I could take it to that maybe willing to reset it? The beam was a "reconditioned" one fitted about two years ago (got the receipt somewhere for about 800 quid!!). If I end up doing this then new front springs would also be required!!!

Anthony

If you can't find anyone more local to do the beam, I'd be happy to set it back to standard height for you.

Paul_13

I believe you bought the front strut/springs and numerous other bits off myself a while back. (2x1.9 wheels and sunroof glass?)

If so the springs are a 45mm drop and are made by Spax (VSX model).

If your unhappy with them I'll offer a refund, I need some shocks again and wish I didn't sell them :)

weejimmy

use 306 gti-6 / hdi shocks and eibach springs. worth every penny.

and the perfect road car set up i think.

not crashy at all. in fact as smooth as stock height car id say but way beter in the corners.

pablo

that the fronts too? hdi ones? bolt straight in with no problems?

weejimmy

yeah fronts too.

my g/f has second hand gti-6 shox all round with eibach springs on front on her 205 and its briliant.

just went straight on with the 205 top mounts etc

im sure the gti-6 has same part no as hdi. best to check thoe.

Paul_13

Pretty sure they would be the same ^

I'm running Citreon Xsara shocks at the moment with 205 springs :lol:

pablo

picked up a set of gti6/hdi shocks there from ECP. Have a mate who does good discount :blush:

Just need a set of eibach springs now, where is good for them?

thanks for the advice.

Anthony
picked up a set of gti6/hdi shocks there from ECP. Have a mate who does good discount :blush:

Careful - Peugeot OE dampers are very good, but alot of pattern dampers are not.

pablo

should have said they are black bilsteins.

weejimmy

i like the black billes.

i got my eibachs from ecosse as they were cheapest but that may have been because i collected and saved carrige.