• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
unariciflocos

1.9 Calipers On 1.6 Hubs

unariciflocos

The bleed nipple on one of my Rallye calipers (1.6 running gear and brakes) is gone so I need to change it. I have hubs, calipers and drive shafts from a 1.9, but the shafts are kind of gone so I was thinking of just changing the calipers. Do they fit and if not what can I do to adapt them?

Cheers,

Andrei

Baz

Direct fit with 1.9 bolts yes. :unsure:

unariciflocos

Thanks for that.

The question might imply that I'm somewhat "simple" and not very skilled with the spanners, but my brakes are a mess. Being a 1.9 Rallye the previous owner got 1.9 disks for the 1.6 brakes and calipers, so the first attempt to fit the 1.9 calipers failed and I wanted to make sure this was the problem.

Edited by unariciflocos

Anthony

If you're using 1.6 hubs, then you need to use 1.6 disks to match them. So long as you've the correct disks for the hub, you can use both 1.6 and 1.9 calipers - all you need to swap is the bolts as Baz says, otherwise literally remove the 1.6 caliper, and fit the 1.9 caliper. Job jobbed.

unariciflocos

The 1.6 disks are on their way, but I don't have the 1.9 caliper bolts. What's the difference between the two types of bolts?

Anthony
The 1.6 disks are on their way, but I don't have the 1.9 caliper bolts. What's the difference between the two types of bolts?

1.9 (Girling) bolts are much shorter than 1.6 (Bendix) bolts - about a third of the length or so from memory.

unariciflocos

That's all the info I need for now. Thanks for everything.

billybluesky
That's all the info I need for now. Thanks for everything.

i just went down to the local scrappyand took the bolts off a girling equipped 306 i think i paid £1

welshpug
:rolleyes: they're a pound or so from the dealers :)

shalmaneser
i just went down to the local scrappyand took the bolts off a girling equipped 306 i think i paid £1

i did the same thing, but wouldn't you know it, i put them in my pocket after removing them from the 306 in question and clean forgot about them until i'd got home :rolleyes:

Anthony
:lol: they're a pound or so from the dealers :D

Of all the people to get that one wrong, tut tut :P

Part number 40517 - £3.32 each inc VAT, or £13.28 for four from the stealer! :o

welshpug

ORLY?

:o

440547 CALIPER SCREW 0.95 GBP

:P:lol: