• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
andyjstone

Silver Gti6 Calipers

andyjstone

As recommended by you guys I painted my GTI6 calipers silver and finally got around too fitting them and re-building the whole front end this weekend.

As it was your idea, I thought you might like a pic of the finished article, so here it is:

100_5059.jpg

I can already tell they are much better than the old 1.6 calipers, can't wait to try them out on track.

jord294

very nice mate :wub:

done my brakes the same :lol:

post-11467-1252858474_thumb.jpg

andyjstone

OK, if we're going for the wheels off pics, here's mine naked:

100_5060.jpg

Edited by andyjstone

Miles

Nice and Clean, How's the wheels sitting now

Rippthrough
OK, if we're going for the wheels off pics, here's mine naked:

Silver-caliper'd wheel off picture competition eh?

:)

266mm2piecefitted-2.jpg

Edited by Rippthrough

andyjstone
Nice and Clean, How's the wheels sitting now

They seem to be sitting much better, inside the wing now rather than sticking out!. I've taken it for a quick spin and there was no rubbing, but I'm taking it on the track on the 28th and that will tell!

The brakes are definitely much, much better.

andyjstone
Silver-caliper'd wheel off picture competition eh?

That looks way cool, I was thinking of undersealing the inside of my arches - I think from the factory they just painted them body colour, but I'm thinking that to make it last longer a coat of the black stuff would be good.

Rippthrough
That looks way cool, I was thinking of undersealing the inside of my arches - I think from the factory they just painted them body colour, but I'm thinking that to make it last longer a coat of the black stuff would be good.

Just in the middle of doing mine now with some Dynax UB :)

andyjstone
Just in the middle of doing mine now with some Dynax UB :)

They look like they are already done in the pic - or are there others that aren't :)

Rippthrough
They look like they are already done in the pic - or are there others that aren't :)

306 arch liners :)

welshpug

black arches that aren't arch liners? YUK!

those rotors turned yet phill? :)

Rippthrough
those rotors turned yet phill? :D

Yes ya cheeky bugger.

Baz

Very nice Andy.

Can't beat the factory fresh look of Silver calipers. :D

cRaig

How do people go about painting their calipers? Is it possible to get them powdercoated, or isnt it worth the hassle? Im really looking for something long lasting that looks good, dont mind fully stripping the calipers as they need rebuilding anyway.

Cheers

Craig

Baz

I just clean them up and paint them usually, either with some high temp. paint or just some Hammerite if there's some kicking around, seems to last fairly well tbh.

andyjstone
I just clean them up and paint them usually, either with some high temp. paint or just some Hammerite if there's some kicking around, seems to last fairly well tbh.

That's what I did with mine - stripped them down, cleaned them first with some alloy wheel cleaner, then chipped off the worst of the rust, then wire brushed them and sprayed them with good old Halfords Brake Caliper paint - only just put them on, so don't know how long it will last, time will tell :blush:

jord294
How do people go about painting their calipers? Is it possible to get them powdercoated, or isnt it worth the hassle? Im really looking for something long lasting that looks good, dont mind fully stripping the calipers as they need rebuilding anyway.

Cheers

Craig

well if your stripping them,you may aswell get the parts shot blasted and then powder coated.

hycote do a vht clear paint which you could use after shot blasting, and will give a protective and natural look.

cRaig
well if your stripping them,you may aswell get the parts shot blasted and then powder coated.

hycote do a vht clear paint which you could use after shot blasting, and will give a protective and natural look.

Will the powdercoating standup to the heat of the brakes? I imagine it will as its baked on, but I dont know alot about powdercoating lol.

Also got to decide what colour to paint them on a lazer green car with antracite speedlines.. :s