• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

Do Sl 434s Fit 1.9 Arches?

cRaig

Hi there,

Have just spoken to a supplier of SL 434s, and they reconed some people have to modify the rear arches to fit 434s. I was just wondering if he meant the 1.6, or does this affect the 1.9 as well, or is he mistaken and they do fit?

Just wondering if anyone could resassure me they will fit before I buy some rather expensive alloys. :ph34r:

Cheers

Craig

Baz

They fit fine.

The problem is with a 309 beam, and also depends on how low it is of course!

welshpug

I think Jonnygoodhand had them on a Rallye without any issues.

Daviewonder

by "modify the arches" I think he means "trim up the lip on the plastic trim" In all honesty you probably dont even need to do this as the tyre will wear away at it in no time.

Redtop

The tyre wears the plastic trim abit but once it has done that they don't scobe on mine [unless a really bad bump] which is lowered 35mm. 1.9 rear beam. You wouldn't even see where it has rubbed it.

jonnygoodhand
I think Jonnygoodhand had them on a Rallye without any issues.

I had to cut a good couple of inches from the arch, but imagine they'd be fine under a GTI arch.

Any ideas what the offset is? As I understand the latest ones on the market are different. If it's any help, mine were ET0.

cRaig

Jolly good. Its going on a 1.9 beam at pretty much standard ride height, so nothing to worry about there. Not 100% sure on the offset, think he said ET8, but I could well be mistaken.

Cheers guys.

Baz

They are about ET8 typically yes, pretty sure mine are anyway!

cRaig

Next question: What size tyres to people run on 434s? :D Can I get away with 195s or is it worth putting 205s on them?

Cheers

Craig

jonnygoodhand
Next question: What size tyres to people run on 434s? :D Can I get away with 195s or is it worth putting 205s on them?

Cheers

Craig

I ran 195s and they fitted fine.

Daz_C

Yes 195's are fine.

You'll definitely have arch issues with 205's imo.

cRaig

Thanks again :)

Another question that is similar enough to not merit another thread, if i have GTi6 brakes on the front, will I be able to fit wheel balancing weights on the inside of the wheel, or is it too tight? The stick on weights are quite thin, and im guessing the 434s are a bit different to the standard speedlines, just wondering if anyone had any experience.

Cheers

Craig

jonnygoodhand
Thanks again :)

Another question that is similar enough to not merit another thread, if i have GTi6 brakes on the front, will I be able to fit wheel balancing weights on the inside of the wheel, or is it too tight? The stick on weights are quite thin, and im guessing the 434s are a bit different to the standard speedlines, just wondering if anyone had any experience.

Cheers

Craig

266mm brakes? I ran with them and there's load of room left. SL434s are supposed to have quite a bit more inner clearance.

welshpug

seen 305mm brembo's under them :)

cRaig

Thankyou kindly. They are 283 as far as I know, i thought the 266 were the HDi and XSi ones.

cRaig

Another question.. :rolleyes:

Will the goodridge 1.9 205 braided hoses fit the 306 calipers, or do i need different ones?

Edited by cRaig

jonnygoodhand
Thankyou kindly. They are 283 as far as I know, i thought the 266 were the HDi and XSi ones.

AFAIK phase1 GTI6s came with 266mm and phase2 283mm.

welshpug

nope, S16 had the 266mm disc, gti6 always had 283's.

Henry Yorke

I can confirm the comments above wrt fitting arches, not fitting 309 beams, loads of clearance compared to stadard at the front. I also run 195/50/15 on them and my "Phase 1" SL434s are ET8

cRaig

Thanks for your help guys.

Now got my new 306 calipers powedercoated and picked up the alloys. Dead chuffed :lol:

img5380p.jpg

img5381s.th.jpg

img5383x.th.jpg