• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205freak

205 Wider Front

205freak

Hello, i´ve read so many posts around here, ppl using 309 arms/shafts to get a "wider front" and i was wondering if any of you guy´s, ever tryed/thought using the 306 front subframe????

Will it be a straight fit or the mounting bolts to far way from the 205 ones??

Instead of using the 306 driveshafts could use the 309 ones to still fit under the arces???

What´s your thoughts??

Edited by 205freak

Sandy

We did it on my 309 using the 306 arms on the 309 subframe, the 306 subframe isn't going to fit. It's a pretty serious job though, requiring precise fabrication and I wouldn't recommend it.

engine killer
We did it on my 309 using the 306 arms on the 309 subframe, the 306 subframe isn't going to fit. It's a pretty serious job though, requiring precise fabrication and I wouldn't recommend it.

Since the 205 and 309 arms are interchangable, does it mean we can use the 306 arms for 205?

If it is, will the 306 or 309 driveshafts are needed too?

I haven't seen any 309 in Hong Kong for almost 10 years but loads of 306, so the 306 arms seems a reasonable upgrade if it's doable without serious job. :wub:

welshpug

they aren't interchangeable, as Sandy mentioned there's quite a lot of fabrication involved to get them to fit.

wracing

the only way forward is a custom spaceframe :)

Sandy

Haha, good excuse. It really isn't easy, we had to notch the chassis legs even. If we'd seen ahead what a ball ache it would be, I'd have saved longer and got Colin to do the proper stuff on it. I had to make shafts for the Honda conversion anyway as it was, but the track ended up about 306 width, so 306 shafts would have fitted with a Peugeot lump/gearbox.

Peetypug

hasn't davepug205 had some wishbones etc etc specially fabricated to get it massively wide??

i know he's put a 306/xsara vts rear beam on it with custom mounts :)

205freak

So a lot of work has to be done to the subframe, cutting and welding...but the finished product would be very awsome don´t you think??? It would be a nice way to have proper brake calipers, it´s getting hard to find 205/309/306 hubs to make also a brake conversion.

So anyone wiiling to have a go :) on this???

Sandy

Most 306 hub carriers fit the 205, only the late 18mm pin ones that don't and the brake fitment is the same as the 1.9 205. It worked quite well on mine, but the bushes aren't as stiff as I'd hoped.

welshpug

i'd badger Rippthrough for his wishbones that use a bog standard 306 outer balljoint with adjustable rose jointed inner ends myself <_<