• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
laser green 1.9

Rear Brake Caliper

laser green 1.9

Hi, my wife's 306 Hdi uses the same caliper as the 205 gti, but it has ABS. I'm struggling to get it to brake, the brake disc never gets hot compared to the other side rear disc. I've bled the caliper and cleaned up the piston and sliders. It grips on the hand brake so I'm a bit confused. Any advice would be helpful. I could swap the caliper with the one on the 205 to test it but thought I would ask on here first.

Do I just need to change the caliper?

Mick.

ablister

is it just the temperature that makes you think it's not working properly? If the other side is getting hot then maybe that side is binding slightly.

If it's not binding then don't overlook the obvious but may just be needing bled, i'd give it a go bleeding it again. I'm not saying you didn't do it right the first time but contaminated brake fluid will give you grief.

Failing that, best to get it on a mot brake rolling road if you can as that will show the efficiency of both rear brakes.

laser green 1.9

I used gunson bleed kit and bled quite a bit of fluid out of the line so don't think it will be that. It was out of balance on the last MOT but still passed. I should have said that there is no heat on the passenger side disc it is cold to touch. I know it isn't a great way to test but it should be something like the other side.

ablister

best to go with a caliper then but looks you already have with your wanted post!

206 calipers fit too and will be newer so in better condition. On my 306 i have a 206 one on one side and a brand new clio one on the other side!