• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SOUPED

Billies Insert Setup - Group N Or Group A

SOUPED

Hi guys,

I about to spend alot on some billies suspension well the inserts and coil springs. I'm wandering on whether to go for full group A inserts or Group N tarmac and gravel.

The reason I'm thinking about the tarmac and gravel option is there are a hell of a lot of bumps round here, need for day to day use and I don't want to rattle the crap out of everthing.

Has anyone used this setup on a day to day basis and what they think of it.

Thanks

Souped

:rolleyes::D

Miles

Ignore the Group N and A as it's complete rubbish when choosing suspension, well anything really.

I take it that you have the bodies already? as the inserts don;t fit std dampers unless you machine them like the Skip Brown one's.

The other choice is short or long top spindles depending on your top mount.

SOUPED
Ignore the Group N and A as it's complete rubbish when choosing suspension, well anything really.

I take it that you have the bodies already? as the inserts don;t fit std dampers unless you machine them like the Skip Brown one's.

The other choice is short or long top spindles depending on your top mount.

I'm thinking along the lines of 205/306 non-billies bodies, with upper and lower billies pans if I'm making sense.

I am thinking about standard top mounts as they've said that solid ones are too harsh for everyday. S@@t me talkin crap with these bodies you'd would've to use solid top-mounts I think correct me if I'm wrong.

welshpug

there's two types of inserts used with the height adjustable bodies, short top spindle which is used with standard top mounts, and I guess a different spring pan, and long top mounts for your spherical joint camber adjustable alloy ones.

as well as the different damping settings in them for gravel and tarmac use, or whatever you get them altered to really.

Edited by welshpug