• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gman

Wheel Close To Bumper On One Side

Gman

I have tried to search but cannot find anything.

I've just noticed my right rear wheel is closer to the rear bumper than the left wheel. There is no creaking from the suspension and the wheels are not toe'd in at all, so any ideas what could be causing this?

I remember my last 205 having it although that was about 8 years ago, so it's not fresh in my memory.

Thanks

Graham

Anthony

Measure the wheelbase on both sides (or even just the wheel to sill distance) and see if it's the wheel that's further back, or the bumper/valance that's on wonky - plenty of 205's have gone through hedges backwards, and hence rear panel alignment can be "iffy"

(on another note, I work just down the road from you - you weren't the guy in Harwell selling a 309 Goodwood a couple of months back were you?)

johny105_y2k

search for axle problems. :rolleyes: you will emerse years and years worth of topics

Gman
Measure the wheelbase on both sides (or even just the wheel to sill distance) and see if it's the wheel that's further back, or the bumper/valance that's on wonky - plenty of 205's have gone through hedges backwards, and hence rear panel alignment can be "iffy"

(on another note, I work just down the road from you - you weren't the guy in Harwell selling a 309 Goodwood a couple of months back were you?)

Not me dude, although I know exactly the car you mean. I live on a farm just down the road from that guy. The Goodwood was a right shed and defo not worth the 1200 or so he was asking for it.

Where abouts do you work? AEA?

M_R_205

I have a similar problem with mine, drivers side wheel sits about 10-15mm further back than the passenger side, i had the beam apart and checked the shafts and bearings and they both seemed OK and both having nop play, im fitting a refurbed rear beam as soon as i can afford one so im just going to see how is after that, as the only thing i can think of is the beam is twisted/bent posibly???

Edited by M_R_205

Henry Yorke

Or if some one has messed around with the beam mounts and got a hybrid of 1.6 & 1.9.

There was someone who had different trailing arms and that made a difference.

There are a lot of buggered about with 205s out there, but as Anthony says, it is possibly just rear bumper alignment, and that could be a bump in a carpark etc

Gman

Well I got all scientific and measured the gap between the wheel and the front side of the wheel arch with my fingers! Two fingers each side, so just the bumper that's a bit off. Phew!!