• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tom Fenton

Gti6 Discs

Tom Fenton

So I'm needing a pair of discs for my GTI6 brake setup, anyone got any recommendations?

I don't want to fit el-motorspares-cheapos as I've warped a set of those before on track in not much time at all.

I've been looking on GSF website, it seems they list a standard disc, a Brembo disc, and a Brembo MAX disc- anyone used any of these, and anyone know what difference the "MAX" discs are?

On a seperate note, if you wanted bits for a standard car there is a place on ebay selling Mintex discs and pads (standard) for about £90 posted for both front and rear! That is cheap I think.

tagy

The MAX discs have a few grooves in them iirc.

I am using the standard Brembo GTI6 discs from GSF and not had any problem with 1 trackday so far.

Anthony

When I had GTi-6 brakes on an old 205 of mine, I used the standard Brembo disks from GSF and never had a problem, including a few trackdays. No warping or other nasties, and showed basically no wear in 10k miles odd.

tom_m

thats cos you don't use the brakes shuttle! :wub:

swordfish210

The driver i work with has the brembo discs on his 306 race car and we've not had any problems with warping yet.

Tom Fenton

That is good enough for me, off to GSF shortly to pick up a pair of the standard Brembo discs. Thanks chaps.

James_R
When I had GTi-6 brakes on an old 205 of mine, I used the standard Brembo disks from GSF and never had a problem, including a few trackdays. No warping or other nasties, and showed basically no wear in 10k miles odd.

I had 6 brakes on my s16 and covered aroudn 14,000miles and 3 ring trips, despite destorying the pads on circuit (fluid was fine just the compund couldn't cope with the lard of the 306) they didn't warp at all!! very impressived.

Also using std brembo's on the 205 (1.9 sized) and no issues in a few trackdays (apart form purple colouring) the previous discs managed to crack in to the 3 bits at cadwell [but not disintegrate luckily!!]