• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Clarre

Front Anti Roll Bar?

Clarre

I've search for a couple of days now. All I can find is about the rear ARB's. Is there anyone who have changed the front ARB's in a 205 Dimma wide car? Or is there any other solution? Take from another car? I know the one from 309 GTI is 21mm. But I want up to 23 - 25mm.

kyepan

reason for not much info is people running semi track setups seem to have more of an issue with under steer, and stiffer front arb's are not really needed.

sorry that that doesn't really answer your question about where to get thicker ones from.

cheers

J

j_turnell

Unless you run a very large rear arb then a 23-25mm is not needed as it will understeer like a pig. Just fit the 309 arb and fit a 24-25mm rear and that should sort things out. However it does depend on the rest of your current suspension setup? and what the car is used for?

James_R

I've been thinking about trying to fit a 306 ARB but haven't measured up yet.

oli-pug

Didn't Xsport develop a 25mm front arb for their race car? Might be worth getting in contact with them!

Baz

I can't see why you'd want a bigger front ARB unless you want to understeer.

James_R

Yeah Pug Racing does it also, it's a 25mm underslung Rose jointed doofer, expensive bit of kit.

Suspension set up correctly can call for a big front ARB, look at the FWD btcc machines, but what do they know eh :s

welshpug

they run mahoosive slicks though ;)

Clarre

I have a 25mm ARB in the rear axle as come from a 309. I have 3 grades of negative camber in the rear and 2 in the front. I have the wishbones from a 309. So it looks like a C30.

bak10.JPG

I like the car to understeer rather than oversteer.