• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
martyn180

205 Gti Servo Removal

martyn180

After reading the haynes book of lies, the servo seems an easy job to remove. One master cylinder- no problem, small rod on braje pedal no problem, and mounting bolts about 8 of them under the sound proofing/clip - pain in the a**e but do able, then remove from the engine compartment???

Can it be removed with the pedals in place or do they have to be removed as well? What else neeeds to be removed to make the job easy

The manual seem very vague, or I undone the wrong mounting bolts as I was expecting the pedals to stay in place after removing the small brake pedal rod.

Cheers

Martyn

205wrc

I find it easier to remove the clutch pedal as well. Pop the spring clip off - push the clevis pin out and remove the pedal. Saves a lot of time and effort trying to wiggle both pedals out through the bulkhead.

M_R_205

there is only 4 bolts holding the servo on and i dont think there under the sound proofing, i think you have undone the bolts for the pedal box by mistake, unless you want the pedal box out to? if so its still easier to pull the servo off first then take the pedal box out.

Paul.

mickie

you cant get anything in i found to get the 4 nuts off

pull the clutch cable out and take off the brake and clutch pedal

2 spanners

welshpug

I managed to do it in situ with both pedals in, dropping the clutch pedal made it a lot easier though.

I used a 1/4" drive socket but can't remember if it was a shallow or deep one, wobbly 6" long extension bar too of course, and lie down head first into the footwell because you don't want to bang the doors on the narrow garage :D:)

have you removed the lower section of the dash ? makes it quite a bit easier :D

PICT0170.jpg

martyn180

Thanks guys will drop the pedals off, and pull it through

Welshie, havent took the bottom dash out, and the car already on the wrong side of the garage to open the drivers door!

Will stuggle on

Martyn