• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
McDude

Mudflaps - Red Polypro Ones

McDude

Dudes!

I have now been through two sets of 'original' GTi front mudflaps both pairs cracking and disntegrating, the last pair were only on the car for two weeks before last winter's snow ripped them to pieces and then off.

I'm thinking of going for that rally look with a set of red polypro ones. But, the question is, will I look like a tw@t? My pug is white and looks standard other than a set of PTS stripes on the 3-bar grill. I'd only put them on the front. If anyone has any pics to influence my decision then that would be peachy.

If the consensus is that I will ook like a tw@t, I might still do it anyway! In that case, where is a good source of said material? eBay seems to be full of scammers wanting silly money for tat - no surprises there then.

Cheers,

McD

Tom Fenton

Please don't do it. Rally mudflaps should go only on rally cars.

• Like 1

NeilGTi85

You could try and find some original rubber one's rather then the "original" plastic one's?!

Neil

davepug205

You would need a big Aluminium wing on the roof to keep the mudflaps in theme :D

Try Rally Design or DemonTheives.

Dave

GLPoomobile

If you get them, please promise that you'll have Motorsport written across them :D

I'm assuming you want them for practicalities, that you don't want to be without a set for fear of stone chips up the side of the car. Have you considered using some of that clear paint protection film applied to the bottom halves of the car below the trim?

McDude

That'll be a resounding 'NO' from the forum then.

I don't understand, my 1/18th scale T16 looks so cool with red flaps! :wub:

I think i might try GLP's suggestion of clear plastic.

daveyboyblack

I don't think they look that bad... these were on my car when I bought it off Ed and they looked pretty good. That said... i've now removed them as i'm going back to as close to standard as I can.

Photo-0022Gtptjd.jpg

2628380679_a0b5b44e29_o.jpg

Would be happy to sell these if they're what you're after.

GLPoomobile

I've changed my mind about the Motorsport logos.

Considering the size of those bastards, they really need the naked lady silhouette just like all the American truckers have :lol:

McDude
I don't think they look that bad... these were on my car when I bought it off Ed and they looked pretty good. That said... i've now removed them as i'm going back to as close to standard as I can.

Photo-0022Gtptjd.jpg

2628380679_a0b5b44e29_o.jpg

Would be happy to sell these if they're what you're after.

I'd take the fronts off you as I can at least see what they are like - how much do you want?

GLP - I'll make sure and put some shiney, reclined, naked ladies on them, just for you.

philfingers

I had red ones on my rally car to start with but the one was damaged previously and i fitted some clear plastic stuff. It's Sh*te, flaps like a bugger in the hot weather. I'll be looking for some red polyprop stuff again.

Jrod

They look poo unless on a rally car.

Edd-XS

Graystone automotive do em for about £6 or something stupid! Cut them to shape and you'll look like a badman! I miss my 205 so damn much :ph34r:

Edd

unariciflocos

Stones are chipping away on the blue paint on my sills so I'm considering the red rally mudflaps.

Do you guys think they'd look poo on mine? Maybe white or transparent so that they don't draw as much attention?

C1610-0100.JPG

Edited by unariciflocos

Edp

they look gash and repeating what others have said should only be on rally cars...

unariciflocos

Well judging by the rollcage, helmet, seat and overalls one would think the photo was taken at a rally, well hillclimb if it makes a difference.

I don't want them to make a fashion statement, just need to keep roks and pebbles from chipping away my paint because all the 4x4 guys cut corners and throw all the s*it in the world onto the asphalt.

Leon

I had them on my road rally 205. Mine went right inside the arch and protected the inner wing/A post from gravel rash

01.jpg

Edited by Leon

Edp

Well judging by the rollcage, helmet, seat and overalls one would think the photo was taken at a rally, well hillclimb if it makes a difference.

I don't want them to make a fashion statement, just need to keep roks and pebbles from chipping away my paint because all the 4x4 guys cut corners and throw all the s*it in the world onto the asphalt.

You judged correctly but I was answering the original question and not talking about your brilliant looking rally car ;) which I'm sure would look even more brilliant with bright red mud flaps.

unariciflocos

Thanks for the sarcasm ;)