• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hexhamstu

Quick Release Steering Bosses.

large
Do you pull back to get lift over bridges/crests?

Yer, and flap your arms <_<

Edited by large

GLPoomobile
Stu, I have been giving this some thought. I think you would be better off getting a good steering lock. This is mainly because I believe the addition of something is more noticeable then the removal (no matter how big).

Given the IQ of most car thieves in Swansea I would not put it past them to break in and then notice the big round thing is gone. <_<

I get a lot of people around where I live stopping to talk to me about my car when I'm out working on it. It's parked on the street. I've had a lot of them ask me where my steering wheel is, and not because they are standing there talking to me and have suddenly noticed it's absence, it's because they've walked past my car previously and noticed there is no wheel, and it's often the first thing they ask!

It's also recommended to park under lighting, for the obvious that it's harder for a TWOCer to remain unseen if the car is illuminated. But this also means that it's easier to see in to the car, and so easier for them to see there is no wheel fitted.

But in the end, if someone is too dopey or drugged up to break in to a car and only find there is no steering wheel fitted, then they are going to do it no matter what - no steering wheel, visible steering lock, big doberman barking in the back seat, none of it will matter! A steering lock can be removed, but unless they just happen to be carrying a steering wheel with them that is fitted with a suitable boss, they aren't going anywhere. It's also worth mentioning that (since someone pushed my car out of it's space on to double yellow lines) I always park with my steering on full lock in to the pavement, so even if someone breaks in with the intention of pushing it somewhere, whether that's for s*its and giggles or whatever, they aren't going very far with it!

hexhamstu

Exactly my think GLP. I think the people that stole it where probably joy riders, been out in town drunk and decided to steal my car to joy ride home and since most of the car along the street next to mine have steering locks they probably looked into the window of my car before committing to stealing it. That's alot of assumptions though.

But anyway I've paid for it now! Just need to work out what dish wheel I want. "Valley Rally spares" do the immitation wheels and they are just up the road so might take my boss up there and bolt the 2 different dish wheels to it and try them out.

chipstick

Well I;ve paid for it. I;ll write a review or something about how I get on. Car has developed an electrical problem today :| very annoying.

How has it faired a few years down the line?