• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
evojay71

Bilstein Gpa Coilover Bronze Bush Kits

philfingers
i have just had a reply from andy baker who says that the bushes are hard to get in? has anyone managed to do it before? i will try and get a pic but i have poped off a top cap type thing but it then narrows to the bushes, i am off to skip browns for some wiper seals that fit!

I fitted some once, used a drift and a dead blow mallet probably, don't remember struggling. They're an interfence fit obviously. Andy is knowledgeable, did he reckon the compbrake ones would fit the PTS bodies?

sam jfm
I fitted some once, used a drift and a dead blow mallet probably, don't remember struggling. They're an interfence fit obviously. Andy is knowledgeable, did he reckon the compbrake ones would fit the PTS bodies?

I didnt ask tell you the truth! but im sure they wont, i will take one with me to skip browns to measure against!

sam jfm

Right how do i fit my qenuine wiper seals :angry: do you have to hit them or is there a trick to it?

philfingers

the wiper seals in my old ones were really flexible, like an o ring. You put them in and then pushed the insert in. Put some grease on the inside of the body (red silkolene is good- motorcycle grease) too,

So did you end up buying new ones from Skip Brown or do the Compbrake ones fit?

phil

sam jfm

i have left the bushes TBH i am emailing compbrake to see what they can do! but i just bought the wiper seals from SBC. but mine have a metal ring round them!

philfingers

sounds like a proper oil seal. Best fit it once you have the correct bushes. You'd just drive them in with a large socket probably. Can you put up a picture? I'd be interested to see what they look like. I'm in the process of rebuilding my own bilstein inserts

ftoomsh

i got some from Rally and Competition Equipment for my fixed platform grp n billies.

they do a wider(taller) teflon coated bush which gives better support to the inserts.

cant remember how much they are though..