• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jason7579

Side To Side Movement In Front O/s Wheel

jason7579

Holding my front O/S wheel and giving it a liittle shake there is quite a lot of play in it, I have jacked the car up and didn't really notice any play when rocking top and bottom.

Would this be the bearing? Or something else. I am not hearing any of the usual noises you get when the bearing has gone.

If it is the bearing is the hub nut socket 35mm for the 1.9 GTi? I did my front bearing when I had a 1.6 and the socket I have is smaller than the 1.9 one.

Thanks

tagy

If it was the bearing there would likely be play when rocking the top and bottom of the wheel also. I would try to look behind the wheel while you or someone else rocks it to see/feel what is moving.. track rod, Wishbone etc

yeah the 1.9 hub nut is 35 mm.

jason7579

Thanks.

Had a better look and I couldn't see the track rod moving but where it connects to the track rod end there was definite play.

I'm not too good at whats what so I will take a picture and try to show exactly where the play is.

gti-si

Is the locknut tight?

jason7579
Is the locknut tight?

Something I'll have to check but the TRE rubber doesn't look too great anyway and for the sake of a few £'s I may as well replace it for a nice shiny new one. I need to go to Peugeots at the weekend as I have to pick up an O-Ring for my Distributor.

It seems like another week another part at the moment :rolleyes:

jason7579

Quick update, new TRE's fitted on both sides and the wheel now seems fairly solid. Now thinking about replacing droplinks to see if that will sort out a couple of noises at the front. Along with a new thermostat - bumpstop - heater resistor - the list goes on...