• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kruder

Lower Arm?

kruder

Got a knocking noise when turning at low speed.. and the car is now occassionally pulling left.. noise is coming from front passenger side..a friend has advised over the phone that it is prob the front lower arm...right or wrong??

and if so is it an easy job for a complete rookie..or a garage job, and also how much you reckon for purchase/ erepair,, cheers

flipperthebushkangaroo
Got a knocking noise when turning at low speed.. and the car is now occassionally pulling left.. noise is coming from front passenger side..a friend has advised over the phone that it is prob the front lower arm...right or wrong??

and if so is it an easy job for a complete rookie..or a garage job, and also how much you reckon for purchase/ erepair,, cheers

Sounds very similar to what mine is doing at the moment i think its probably down to the passengers side drive shaft, it generally happens on full lock and pulls under acceleration.

not had the drive shaft long was a GKN refurb from GSF

Hope this helps

Roddie

kruder
Sounds very similar to what mine is doing at the moment i think its probably down to the passengers side drive shaft, it generally happens on full lock and pulls under acceleration.

Hope this helps

Roddie

not really, happens as soon as i go turn the steering straight away,, but cheers for that anyway

shalmaneser

Hope this helps

Roddie

I agree sounds a lot like a drive shaft CV joint is knackered.

the symptoms of wishbone knackeredness is generally knocking when going over bumps in the road (also caused by droplink failure) or instability under braking.

kruder

so replacement of cv joint or whole driveshaft...any guesses how much, and is the car drivable for now?

Lan

have a look at the driveshafts first check conditions of the joints, the wishbone could be knackered also, if its the wishbone it will give you that wheel unbalanced feeling at speed.

kruder

had the aa check it out.... been told that its the lowered spring turning in the cup and its not really a problem,,