• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Uberderv

Caliper Parts

Uberderv

Hi,

I have been refurbing a set of 266mm calipers for my 1.8Dt and wanted to replace the rubber parts (including the main piston seal). I know Bigred on Ebay sell them but are there any other suppliers?

Also the slide pins have a rubber section, I was wondering what this is actually for?

Cheers :D

MerlinGTI

Slide pin rubber is to dampen vibration and stop rattling, if they are the same setup as 1.9 calipers only 1 slide pin per side will have the rubber section.

Big red are brilliant, they have a propper website too if it's just the eBay aspect that's putting you off.

Uberderv

Hi MerlinGTI,

Cheers for the reply, the slides only have it on one side like you say. I dont mind buying stuff off Ebay, I had just emailed Bigred before and they didnt bother replying which I didnt like.

Will try again as I have looked through a Peugeot parts CD and they sell the seals and dust cover but not the slide rubber :)

MerlinGTI

If you buy a 'caliper rebuild kit' from big red you do not get any slide pin/bolt/what ever rubbers. He might sell them seperately mind, best bet is to get on the blower to him :)

welshpug

the rubber boots come with the slider pins, as mentioned, usually a separate kit wherever you get them from :)