• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

New Rear Beam Tube

pugpete1108

after dropping my rear beam out (god they are heavy aint they?)

on inspection it looks like a big pile of rust and seized solid, i have yet to strip it but my guess is its knackered.

i have a good set of trailing arms here and was wondering what options do i have for a replacment beam tube to fit the arms to.

am i limited to the 309 or 205 gti beams or are the lower spec ones the same apart from anti roll bars etc? as there are a few in my local scrappy but no gti's.

if so what is transferrable between them?

Edited by jackherer

Anthony

You can use a base model beam tube fine - there's slight differences between 205 base and GTi, but nothing that is an issue. 309 base and GTi tubes are the same.

welshpug

you can use any tube regardless of the spec of the vehicle, they all use the same bearings :)

pugpete1108

well thats really good to know, are all the bearing etc still available from peugeot or is there somewhere better?

on another note, is there any way of identifying trailing arms, as the set i have i brought some time ago with the complet beam but it was in bits and i foolishly scrapped the rest of it and just kept the torsion bars and arms, or are they even the same across the range

Edited by pugpete1108

weejimmy

theres bronze bearings in the group buy section

welshpug

the bearings you can get for about £30 plus vat, that's for both sides and the seals, you'll probably need the yellow seals for the ARB levers, and possibly the bush that the ARb lever runs on as well (black bit)

there are some differences in the trailing arms in the camber and toe in, but as long as you keep them paired this wont cause you any trouble, the drums would be narrower and most likely a different type of wheel cylinder to a 1.6 gti brake system, I haven't noticed any markings on the arms to identify their specification.

stub pins for drums are all the same, disc pins being longer.

CosKev
you can use any tube regardless of the spec of the vehicle, they all use the same bearings :lol:

Aslong as you get the right length tube(205/309)for your ARB and torsion bars????? <_<