• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Perky

1.9 Rear Hubs Fit 1.6 Beam?

Perky

Somebody on another forum has asked if he can fit the rear hubs/discs/calipers off his knackerd 1900 beam on to a 1600 beam he's bought. From the pics he posted the stub axles look different lengths. So i say no, but thought i would check on here aswell?

:)

welshpug

yes, but only if you swap the stub axles, as you've noted they are a different length, not a difficult task though as they just knock out.

I'd say stick to the drums though myself, especially if its for rallying, unless you're running very high BHP that is.

Perky
yes, but only if you swap the stub axles, as you've noted they are a different length, not a difficult task though as they just knock out.

I'd say stick to the drums though myself, especially if its for rallying, unless you're running very high BHP that is.

Yeah its on a road rally car. cool i'll tell him its a case of swapping the stub axles over. :)

welshpug

fine if he wants a crap handbrake :)

unless he has a bias valve and a separate Hydraulic lever that is :blink:

Daz_C
fine if he wants a crap handbrake :)

unless he has a bias valve and a separate Hydraulic lever that is :blink:

I totally agree with the crap handbrake.

Drums are much more efficient.

ben_kilpatrick205

Hello

I need to do this myself, 1.6 beam to 1.9 beam

Don't you need different hand brake cables and different brake pipes (the flexi pipes)

?? :lol:

Perky

Passed the info on and he sorted it today, he's well chuft.

Cheers guys :lol:

Ryan
Hello

I need to do this myself, 1.6 beam to 1.9 beam

Don't you need different hand brake cables and different brake pipes (the flexi pipes)

?? :lol:

You need the 1.9 handbrake cables as the end that attaches to the brakes is different.

Compared to the 1.6 the 1.9 has an extra flexi pipe on each side going from the hard pipe into the caliper. The pipes that go round the beam are the same as the 1.6, so you only need the rearmost pipe (and shorten/change the hard pipe) on each side.