• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Play In Trailing Arm Of Refurbed Beam

johnnyboy666

just failed the MOT because of the above, only on one side, but the beam has just been refurbished and not yet used, how can i sort it? and quickly as i've had to take a week off work for the MOT already as i dont have another car!

help much appreciated

john

jimistdt

Get a new shaft from GSf if they have any, failing that find any 205 in a scrappers and take one of them?

Doesn't sound to have been refurbished very well at all!

Anthony

If you refurbed it, then you need to find where the play is - clearly a freshly refurb'd beam should have no play at all in it!

Logically, it can only be in one of two places - between the shaft and the arm (which would suggest the arm is knackered or the shaft isn't pressed in far enough) or between the shaft and the bearings (which would suggest the shaft is absolutely knackered, the bearings are damaged/wrongly positioned, or the tube is ovalled)

If you bought it refurbed off someone else, then I'd be on the blower to them and get them to sort it out!

johnnyboy666

it was from a trusted source, and i really dont have time or money to get a new shaft, besides i cant see the shaft being worn as the car hasnt been driven on it yet!

johnnyboy666

and a message has been sent! i am now cr*pping myself because i might loose my job if i dont find something to drive by monday!

rubyna

Sorry to hear your misfortunes mate but if you bought the beam fully refurbd id be on the

fone for either a replacement or refund or at the very least fix his bad workmanship!!

Hope it gets sorted though. All the best

Luke..

rapidcossie

surely if your job depends on your car it needs to be something a bit more reliable than a near 20 year old french hatch?

johnnyboy666

hilarious! my job doesnt depend on my car, my job depends on me getting there, which i would be doing if the beam worked. as it doesnt, im not.

my car reflects my financial situation, cheap to run and high mpg.

and im not in the position to buy another car

so in the kindest way possible ; if you havent got anything nice to say then kindly f*ck off :D

gti-si
hilarious! my job doesnt depend on my car, my job depends on me getting there, which i would be doing if the beam worked. as it doesnt, im not.

my car reflects my financial situation, cheap to run and high mpg.

and im not in the position to buy another car

so in the kindest way possible ; if you havent got anything nice to say then kindly f*ck off <_<

Abit overboard mate, I doubt he was meaning to be a c*nt.

Anyway, I'm sure if it was a trusted source they'd be happy to sort it for you. Like Ant said, you can only have play in two places and since it's just been "rebuilt" it'll be easy to strip. You can easily sort this over weekend if you can get the parts. I can't see it needing a new shaft if it's been rebuilt by someone trusted, surely it'd have to be one f***ed shaft to have enough play on new bearing to fail an MOT.

But perhaps the shaft was replaced and not pressed into the arm correctly?

Just get it stripped over weekend if you can, best of luck for work Monday