• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jord294

Not 100% On This

jord294

hi people

i'm currently in the process of building up my gaz coilovers, which are being fitted to my gti

while fitting the mounting kit, should there be a flat washer underneath the domed cup

post-11467-1249316731_thumb.jpg

hope you understand what i mean ?

thanks

Baz

No, if it is where the arrow points that's the bearing, there's no washer where it seats.

jord294

the domed cap mounts on top of the strut on top of the bearing. but in the peugeot strut top kit, there is a washer which has the same diameter as the top of the strut rod, and looks like it should go underneath the domed cap as a kind of strengthener

your probably right baz. as it doesn't show it in the picture

cheers

j_turnell

Pretty sure the big washer goes on top of the insert as shown with the right arrow.... then just fit everything else on, pretty sure thats how i did mine the other week.

CosKev

There is a big washer that is NOT shown on that diagram :P

Pretty sure Welshpug confirmed it the other week on someones thread :lol:

Deffo was a washer on mine when stripped,goes over the piston/insert part of shock absorber after bump stop is slid on.

It slides down the smaller diameter on the top of piston/insert and sits on the wider part of insert :lol:

As said,this goes on before any of the top mount/bearing etc ;)

pug_ham

There is a big washer that fits into the top of the bump stop before the top spring pan etc is fitted & a little earth tab which sits in the cup washer under the top nut.

205Mi32_Ph1_134.thumb.jpg

Neither of which are shown it in that picture though. :ph34r:

Graham.

jord294

:ph34r: handy that. cheers :lol:

anyone got a couple of strut top earth tabbed washers please

Baz
Pretty sure the big washer goes on top of the insert as shown with the right arrow.... then just fit everything else on, pretty sure thats how i did mine the other week.

Ahh yes, now i see the right hand arrow, there's usually a washer here, under the top nut thread on the plain shank iirc. It's fairly big and sits in a recess in the bump stop.