• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

Kad Adjustable Top Mounts

Rich_p

Has anyone had any experience with Kad Adjustable top mounts?

I'm looking into fitting some concentric/eccentric top mounts to avo coilovers but they have the standard length thread so I believe I cannot use the pts or combrake type mounts as these are for bilsteins with the extended thread?

Kad have confirmed these will fit and said they can even be used with standard type struts.

They just need you to confirm the thread required for the topnut.

Just wondered if they are used by anyone on here?

Rich_p

Ah no then!

These are the items in question. Would there be any interest if I was to try and arrange a mini group buy?

I was hoping there would be some interest as there must be a fair few people running coilovers with standard topmounts as they can't use eccentrics due to the standard sized spindle.

Plus with there claim of being able to use these with standard shocks which I don't believe has been possible before?

With this type of mount is the adjustment achieved by using the different mounting holes?

topmount.jpg

Edited by Rich_p

jtek

How much do these cost then? I am in the standard topmount coilover bunch so I would be interested in a group buy.

Rich_p
I know Stew205 (BBM) is putting these in to production soon.

BBM Adjustable Top Mounts

I looked into those and unforunately they are designed for the long spindle type shocks.

It was suggested avo could machine my shafts down but I'm sure I asked before and they said it wasn't possible.

I the Kads are about £110 from the website but they sell them on ebay for 90. I thought if there was enough interest we could try and arrange a further discount.

EdCherry

why go to avo and not your local machine shop? will be able to help you.

Goliath

I could possibly be interested in a pair, depends what suspension I end up buying though!

Rich_p
why go to avo and not your local machine shop? will be able to help you.

Didn't think of that.

I only thought of avo as they are going there to get revalved to work properly with heavy springs so thought they may be able to do it while there.

EdCherry
Didn't think of that.

I only thought of avo as they are going there to get revalved to work properly with heavy springs so thought they may be able to do it while there.

All it needs do if im thinking correctly (had a few jars) is putting in a lathe and turning down slightly to reduce the length of the thread correct? and if your really bothered about getting the damper turned down you could get a spacer made up to sleeve under the top mount to reduce the thread length, or make it so the sleeve is threaded on.

3 simple ideas yet all effective.

Kev-G

Bilstein's I had before had the std. length thread - Simply got a top-hat nut which basically was a threaded spacer with a nut on the end which ultimately sat proud of the top of the shocker.

You need to know the outer diameter of the shock threads and the inner diameter of the bearing - Prob. do-able if you have 4mm difference. The BBM bearings 'look' quite large.