• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
r.u.sure

205 Gti-6

r.u.sure

Hi

I know it's a bit like the old saying of 'closing the stable door once the horse has bolted' but I'm going to ask anyway.

I've just bought some Bilstein B4 struts (O/E replacements) Eibach 7001-120 springs and Baker BM fast road top mount rubbers.

I really didn't do much homework on this at all, struts need replacing anyway, due to a leak and also read quite a lot of posts where other forum members were saying how great the Eibach springs are and decided to buy them, didn't really take into account how many people if any are using the same or similar set up running the '6' engine.

Is anyone else running this set up with a '6' engine in, without any problems due to the extra engine weight i.e too low ? or anyone else got any views as to wether it will work ok, car is only used on the road, would appereciate any feedback.

Many thanks

Dave

Edited by r.u.sure

swordfish210

If it's only on the road then this will be perfectly fine and the rideheight should be OK. If you ever do start doing track stuff then you'll want to go stiffer...a lot stiffer :lol:

Baz

You don't want to go any stiffer spring-wise unless you change to bigger bars on the rear too. The Eibachs are just about the limit, i run them with Koni's and they're a nice height, although the iron block may push it down a tad further as you say. The dampers seem to be a nice swap out for shagged out OE kit, but the rears are a little soft IMO.