• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-si

Has Anyone Ever Removed There Servo....

gti-si

:(

For an undisclosed reason (I'm a tw*t), I need to remove my brake servo, trouble is, there's a Gti6 engine in the way. I't looks as if I'd have to remove the whole pedal box, as I can't seem to fathem a way of undoing the bolts whilst they're in the car. And I most certainly can't remove that with the engine in place. Has anyone ever done this without moving the engine too much?

I guess I'll have to undo the top and lower mounts and swing it accross but I'd love to hear other options if they exist?

Unless, of course, I could do something else about my little inept moment...Was thinking of fabricating a small heatshield or something instead.

You can see my problem if you follow the vacuum pipe on the following

29072009008.jpg

Any ideas?

welshpug

take the inlet off and you'll have looooads of space the tilt the engine forwards :(

gti-si
take the inlet off and you'll have looooads of space the tilt the engine forwards ;)

Yeahhhh your right, I'm just a lazy bastard. :(

Paul_13

306andy on gti6.com managed to do it with the engine in place... lucky c()nt.

Can you not take the top engine mount off and lower the engine? freed up a bit of room on mine

rubyna

I have the same problem now on mine,how did you manage to get it out after? These 6 conversions are

definatley sent to try us..... :)