• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
foreigner

306 Drum Beam To Disc Beam

foreigner

as said above,

i got beam of S16 with discs,

I am just thinking to remove that weight brake thingy regulator,

any ideas ?

is it safe?

Anthony

Assuming this is going on your 306 DTurbo, so long as it has the 1.9 style inline compensators already then you don't need the load-compensator that is on the beam. You will need one or the other though if you're still running the standard DTurbo front brakes, otherwise the rears will lock up prematurely. Often those load-based compensators are knackered anyway, siezed solid from lack of movement.

foreigner

ok where do I find inline regulator located?

Anthony
ok where do I find inline regulator located?

Assuming they are the same as ZX's, they should be in the engine bay on the passenger side on non-ABS models - just follow the front-rear brake pipework and you should find them.

If you can't find anything, then you might have a 306 where the compensators are built into the rear wheel cylinders - if that's the case, then you'll need to retain the load-based compensator on the beam.

foreigner

thanx mate

welshpug

some earlier ABS equipped cars had 1.9 style compensator's mounted on the rail behind the rear beam on the boot floor, just forwards of the spare wheel.

shalmaneser

I put an XSi beam on my 306 D turbo (Phase 1 FWIW), and needed to put on two inline compensators near the rear beam, much like the 1.9 has. If i were foreigner I'd have a quick look at the brake lines because clearly there is some variation from 306 to 306. You do need some form of compensator though. You'll probably have to change the brake lines at the same time cos most are corroded to buggary by now.

Just a quick word of warning however: I had standard brakes at the front and discs at the back (obviously) and i always thought that the braking was too rear biased. I'd be looking for XSi/S16/HDI or GTI6 brakes sooner rather than later. I would have fitted some but the bastard head gasket went again on my 306 so i got fed up and flogged it.

GTI6BOY

been using a ph3 beam on a ph2 car for a few months now with no compensators and have had no problems what so ever

i have even taken it on track...so you will prob be ok

foreigner

there is small joint on the both lines behind the spare wheel.

Now since that turbo has given all the oil to the airspace in my engine bay I am more inclined to change the engine now.

I am going to leave it without compensator as I have founf two on ZX and cut them of.

I 'll see how it goes and if I crash I won't change it.

Wish me luck.