• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
edbar

405mi16 Wheels

edbar

got a set of 405 mi16 rims with the car just wondered if they are the same offset etc as gti speedlines?

jimistdt

The 15" ones?

According to this thread the mi16 is ET29 the Speedlines' ET19 - a 10mm difference.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=20908

I have a set I'm toying with the idea of re-furbing them and I've read that they should be OK on 1.6 hubs, but will need spacers on a 1.9 set-up.

welshpug

they fit on a 1.6 with 3mm spacers, though dependent on the tyres you use you may need more, or no spacers.

pugtop

As Welshie says they will fit a 1.6 with spacers! He knows this coz I have them on my rally car as road wheels. I have 3mm spacers at the front and the wheel stil catches when on full left lock and reversing and I have 5mm spacers on the rear , the wheels are fitted with std spec 185/55/VR15 Pirelli P6000s. I use std 1.6 wheels without spacers for rallying!

Chris H

tried a set of 15" MI16 wheels on the rear of my 205 with a 309 beam, the tyres rubbed on the beam....would clear with a spacer, fitted fine on the front though, with 1.9 brakes