• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
reno9

Knocking From Rear?

reno9

Hello,

when I drive bad road theres some knocking noise from rear ? When I go under car I found nothing bad. What can cause his noise ? can they be rear beam mount bushes? Any suggestions??

rein

luggy

Had a similar experience off side rear. The rubber sandwich mounts were fine and no play in the trailing arm. This was the culprit

The bush almost fell out after the rear beam was taken off :P

post-7769-1248213959_thumb.jpg

post-7769-1248213974_thumb.jpg

post-7769-1248213987_thumb.jpg

Daviewonder

I know of a guy who had a knock/rattle coming from underneath his 306 td he had no luck finding out what it was so in the end he replaced wishbones, springs and front and rear shocks which still didnt stop it! He mentioned this to the tester when he took it for an mot, at which point the mot tester called him under the car and showed him that his spare wheel cage was rattling as it didnt have a spare wheel in it.

Might be worth a check?

reno9

Hey,

my car don't have spare wheel or that holder at all.

I found out what is knocking there- that mounting what goes to boot - there are 2 nuts but one is little loose but when I want to tighten it, it goes around with all bolt - think I need to weld it from under to solve this problem. Already ordered these bushes just for case and wondering that is it clever to change torsion bearings too?? or is it too complicated.

rein

PVFCpug

Also worth checking is top suspension mounts, my nylock nuts had come loose after being off/on for a beam refurb. Have to keep on tightening them until I get round to getting some new ones.