• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
manrajf

Weird Noise Coming From Front Left Of The Car

manrajf

Hi all, iv been searching on the forum but cant find anything, so here goes, recently my car has started waking a very weird and annoying noise from the front left it sounds like a plane is taking off its kind of goes wwhhhhhhaaaaaawwwww whhhhhhhhaaaaaawwwww, but there is no vibration whatsoever, and at around 60-70mph it gets really bad and cant hear anything in the car....i thought it was the driveshaft so changed that today but the noise is still there, the bearings were changed around a couple of years ago as well. i dont really know what else it could be.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks

manraj

powermandan

Summit to do with the brakes perhaps?

manrajf
Summit to do with the brakes perhaps?

Yea i was thinking that, could it be a warped disk? what sort of noise does that make? i drove down to london today and its really bad between 30-40mph and 60-70mph after that the noise is still there but not as much.

Cheers

Manraj

Paul_13

I'd say the bearings as my Dturbo was doing this recently.

But as you said they've been changed.

Have you moved the car without the driveshafts bolted in the hub at all?

Gearbox sh@gged?

Edited by paul_xiii

welshpug

its making a lot of unidentified noise and youre still driving it long distances ?! :rolleyes:

manrajf
its making a lot of unidentified noise and youre still driving it long distances ?! :lol:

i really thought it was the driveshaft thats why i sourced a new one from gsf and fitted it only to find that thers another noise coming from the car, and because i had an interview i had no option but to take the car :rolleyes:

Paul i havnt really moved the car without the wishbone being bolted in, how do i tell if the gearbox is messed up as the gear selection etc is all fine? and whats the chances of the bearing gone? is there any way of finding out?

Cheers

Manraj

Goliath

Sounds like either your diff or a wheel bearing. To test the bearing take the driveshaft out and see if the wheel wobbles from side to side or up and down, not a difinitive test but should give you some idea. To test the diff you will probably have to change the gearbox.

welshpug

if you remove the driveshaft the bearing will more often than not wobble even if its fine...

just jack it up and grab the wheel at 12 and 6 and try to rock it.