• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
andyjstone

1.9 Hubs

andyjstone

I am planning to change my 1.6 hubs for 1.9s, but what else do I need to change - I assume I need new drive shafts, but what about track rod ends, etc?

Andy

Baz

Nope, just the hubs, shafts and discs.

andyjstone
Nope, just the hubs, shafts and discs.

Wow, that was a quick reply, within 1 minute - that's got to be a record!

Are the discs a different mounting or just a different size - I already have 283mm grooved disks on the 1.6 hubs and I was thinking of just swapping these over.

Andy

PS

Don't suppose you have any 1.9 hubs or shafts?

Baz

The discs between 1.6 and 1.9 are a different offset, not overly sure what discs you'll have on the 1.6 hubs then, perhaps 206 GTi180 ones as they would be correct for 1.6 offset iirc... (307 ones for 1.9 hubs) but i may be wrong!

I have some hubs yes, no 1.9 shafts although kate had some for sale in the FS section! :)

andyjstone
The discs between 1.6 and 1.9 are a different offset, not overly sure what discs you'll have on the 1.6 hubs then, perhaps 206 GTi180 ones as they would be correct for 1.6 offset iirc... (307 ones for 1.9 hubs) but i may be wrong!

I have some hubs yes, no 1.9 shafts although kate had some for sale in the FS section! :)

I've bought some GTI6 brakes and disks so could always use those if the existing ones don't fit - they were on there when I bought it and I was told it was an AutoFive big brake kit, so I am assuming that as they work they must be 1.6 offset!

Have PMed you about the hubs.

Andy

sam jfm

Not wanting to thread hyjack but from what i have just read, does that mean that you can fit gti180 discs on 1.6 hubs with 1.6 calipers?

Baz

Not with the std 1.6 calipers no, but if my thoughts were right and the 206 GTi180 discs are the same offset as 1.6 GTi ones, then you could fit both them and GTi180 calipers straight on. But tbh, i'm not sure that's correct...

Edited by Baz

Baz

Just to add;

I'm going by the thinking that 206's use a wheel offset of ET28, similar to the 1.6 GTi, but and it's a big but, the wheel offset doesn't determine the disc offset, it'd be pure coincidence that the 180's disc offset woulf be the same as a 1.6 GTi's disc offset! :)

I certainly seem to remember the 307 discs being the ones to use on the usual 205 conversions running 1.9 hubs etc, and that the 206 items were different.

welshpug

the 180 disc has an offset closer to the 306 than the 1.6, not sure what Discs Autofive used on their kits but they do have a deep offset just like the 106 disc, just obviously somewhat larger in diameter!

1.9 hubs and driveshafts will suit the gti6 brakes you've just picked up :)

andyjstone
1.9 hubs and driveshafts will suit the gti6 brakes you've just picked up :)

Great, that's all I need to know - hope you had a good trip back today, it was good the sun shone over Uxbridge at least some of the day!

welshpug

better than the trip down! even with the rain and blinding sun :) nice to meet you again Andy :mellow: