• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Bias Valve Were To Put It

hcmini1989

im fitting a bias valve in my track car just wondered were other people had put theres done a little reserach and can only find ones that are built onto the handbrake mechanism .does it have to be to hand or could i stick it in the boot .im using my car for tack use and would like to keep my interior otherwise i would stick it inside the car thhanks for any help in advance

tri_longer

In essence you can put it wherever you like in the brake line.

If you need to be adjusting it on a regular basis then to hand would make sense, but if it's a case of once set leave it alone then mount it somewhere out of the way. I was originally going to mount mine in the engine bay, but as I stripped the car i mounted it where the rear seats used to be.

welshpug

I would keep inside and away from the elements, theyre not something that seems particularly impervious to the elements.

most I've seen are next to the gearstick or handbrake, some I have seen in a panel where the radio used to sit.

Tom Fenton

I don't see the point in buying an adjustable valve and then putting it somewhere it can't be adjusted on the move. If you put it in the boot you may as well just keep the standard compensator/s.

pug_ham

I'm looking at fitting one to mine in place of the original 1.6 compensator in the engine bay, to try to cure my car locking a rear wheel on track.

Once its set right I shouldn't need to adjust it again so if its out of the way thats fine imo.

Graham.

MerlinGTI

Mines about to go on the bulkhead inside the engine bay next to the M/C with the help of a little bracket ive made up.

Depends on how much your likely to fiddle with it really :)

hcmini1989
Mines about to go on the bulkhead inside the engine bay next to the M/C with the help of a little bracket ive made up.

Depends on how much your likely to fiddle with it really :)

well ive been told not to fit one as ill fidle with it and itll catch me out and ill crash .so ill stick mine in the boot were i cant touch it when im driving .

MerlinGTI

hehe, maybe a wise move, locked up rear brakes = brown pants :P I too intend to get mine how I want it and leave it the hell alone :)

mmt

I wanted to be able to adjust while driving..no point in having one if you´re not able to compensate for example if it starts to rain during a race.

I placed mine in a self made bracket wich I bolted on the handbrake mount.

All brakelines in the car!

/Martin

MerlinGTI
I wanted to be able to adjust while driving..no point in having one if you´re not able to compensate for example if it starts to rain during a race.

Unless your not going to racing the majority of the time (but by my own admission I can see I will be in the minoity of users here) Ie. road car 80% track 10% broken on the drive way 10% :lol:

Horses for courses and all that

welshpug

one would question the need for one at all if you're not going to use it, just fit new standard compensator's and be done with it.

MerlinGTI

I agree to a point mr welshpug, 'but not use it' is different to 'not use it often' :lol:

just using it once to get the (non standard) braking balance at it's best for general conditions is already better than what you could hope for out of STD compensators. Plus new compensators cost as much as a new wilwood valve, 1.6 compensator = big loop of messey pipe work in bay, Plus you have the option to tweak if you should so wish/need to. :P

A necessity for me? Definatly not, but it's nice to have

davev

ive put one on my car. and its for the only reason to get rid of the crappy compensators that i had enough of buying (2 in 2 years starts getting expensive :lol: ) and it was still uneven.

a word of warning though. the mot place wanted to fail me for having something manually adjustable in the brake lines. and that was my regular friendly place.lol.

Edited by davev

philfingers

mine mounted the hyd handbrake and really you need it in the car as it needs more rearward bias for the wet than the dry, so it requires adjusting

mickie

i found when swaping from a 1600 beam to a 1900 the rears would lock up in the wet, so i bought one, yet to fit tho but mines going next to the handbrake

fast_eddie

Mine fitted next to hand brake--all lines inside-works off clicks on a red handle--yet to be tested but I like to fiddle with things when I am driving. I am massively heavy on brakes when driving quickly so I want the option to play with stuff if its wet. My old Cupra R used to dance around at the rear under hard braking, sometimes needing corrective lock! I know I should be a smoother driver but I am a bit of an old school rally boy and like to unsettle stuff. Still its nice to have options to hand should it all need changing.