• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chesney

What Size Is This Nut

chesney

Finally getting around to getting my 205 back together! But need help on thread size for bolt/nut?

On the rear axle mount. There are 6 nuts needed for inside the car once the axle is located...ITS NOT THEM

Under the car the bracket that has 2 studs in it is connected to the axle and there is a long bolt with a nut on the end. its about 5" long and the thread looks quite fine in comparison to the ones used inside the car. I had to cut the last bolt to fit the grp N bushes. I bought new bolts from Pug but they didn't come with the nuts.

Suppose I could take the bolt to B&Q but hoped you guys could save me a trip!

I can get the axle back on and fit it later (with difficulty) but would prefer to get this nut 1st

On the plus side the welding we did last year and rustproofing seems to be holding quite well. Managed to get covered in Waxoil as I went a bit mad with it! Warning its a bu**er to get off if you've left it for a few hours!

welshpug

M12 x 1.25 thread

5173 13 SELF LOCKG NUT 12X125-11,2

same nut as the top damper bolt.

Rob Thomson

I had the same problem. They're a weird fine metric thread, but I can't remember exactly what.

Don't take it to B&Q, they don't stock the high tensile fasteners you need for a car. Either go back to Pug or take the new bolts to your local fastener store (you should be able to find something in the Yellow Pages) who should be able to help.

I hope that helps.

Edited to say: well done Welshpug!

Edited by Rob Thomson

chesney

Thanks for the replies guys

I fitted the beam yesterday and hope I can get the nut on without too much hassle. I'll pop into pug and see if they have one. Not much fun fitting a beam on your own. Didn't help that my trolley jack packed in either!