• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mac210882

Front Strut Bump Stops

Mac210882

I don't seem to have any of these fitted to my front struts at the moment, next weekend I'm doing an overhaul and replacing the springs, top mount rubbers and bearings as well), and I'd like to make sure I have them fitted. I'm talking about the little yellow rubber things in this pic (shamelessly stolen from Cybernck!)

205Mi32_Ph1_134.thumb.jpg

Does anyone have an exploded parts diagram showing the correct method to reassemble a front strut to make sure I put it all back together correctly as well?

Cheers

Iain

welshpug

which dampers do you have? might not need them on some dampers.

Peugeot do them for £12 each.

5033 27

as for re-assembly, they'll only go together one way, so you'd have to get it very wrong, to get it wrong especially if you take it apart yourself :ph34r:

here's a picture for you, note that it does miss out the large washer that sits on top of the piston rod under the top mount cups.

309frontspringarrangement-1.jpg

Edited by welshpug

miamichris

Try this for a diagram mate.

http://stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/5/50A50A.HTM

Pretty sure you'd have to go to peugeot for those yellow bumpstops, although if you have bilsteins I think I read that they have built in bumpstops so you don't need them :lol:

beaten to it! :ph34r:

Edited by miamichris

Mac210882

Legends!

Thanks chaps - I'm running 306 GTI6 Bilstein's - would I need bumpstops with these?

Cheers

Iain