• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vickiw106

Avo Rear Adjustable Shocks

vickiw106

I am currently running bilstein tarmac shocks on my rally.

After finding out that both are now leaking I decided to look at other option.

I could always get the bilstein shocks refurb but I thought about going for something adjustable.

Does anyone know if these Avo Rear adjustables are good for rallying

I am currently doing typical single venue events such as Rockingham, mira. tarmac/concrete surfaces.

I don’t have a lot of cash to throw at I so at £53 each these seem ok.

Any advise/opinions would be useful

Baz

Probably going to be better than OE or leaky dampers yes!

I have a set of not very old ones in good order though in case you decide you don't wanna fork out for new!

vickiw106
Probably going to be better than OE or leaky dampers yes!

I have a set of not very old ones in good order though in case you decide you don't wanna fork out for new!

can i ask why they are going spare

Baz

On a car i'm breaking for spares.

philfingers

i think they'd be a budget option compared to the std spec'd PTS ones. But they're a lot cheaper of course.

Rob Thomson

I used to have AVO adjustables on the back of my 106 Rallye stage car. I always felt they lacked a certain finesse, but they did the job well enough on a range of surfaces and I never felt the need to upgrade. I'd presume that 205/106 are comparable.

ming

I used a set for a few months which had been recently refurbished and i found them fine. I switched from using the gaz rears which come with the entry level coilovers and they seemed similar in performance, though my gaz were well used.

I still actually have that same pair of Avos with not much use since their rebuild if you're interested. PM me.

brumster

I'd stick with the PTS ones and have them checked/rebuilt, personally. Decent dampers can make such a mega difference on the 205, I'd want to stick with something with a proven track record. I'm sure they're better than standard ones, yes, but put simply - pretty much everyone runs Billies with no complaints so, short of going 3-way, I'd spend the money getting them re-done. They must have a solid reputation for good reason.